Faith Covenant Church is a member of the Evangelical Covenant Church.
Faith Covenant's Sunday worship is held on Sunday mornings at 10:30 am. Christian Formation classes are held from September through May at 9:30 am.
Church office hours are Monday through Thursday during the summer months, 9:00am-Noon and 1:00pm-4:00pm.
What we believe in:
Faith Covenant Church seeks to form and nurture communities that are deeply committed to Jesus Christ and passionately engaged in Christ’s mission in the world. We affirm the following:
• Centrality of the World of God: We believe the Bible is the only perfect rule for faith, doctrine, and conduct. The dynamic, transforming power of the Word of God directs the church and the life of each Christian. Psalm 33:4-6
• Necessity of New Birth: New birth in Christ means committing ourselves to him and receiving forgiveness, acceptance, and eternal life. It means righteousness, joy and peace. John 3:16-17
• A commitment to the whole mission of the church: We follow Christ’s two central calls. The Great Commission sends us out into the world to make disciples. The Great Commandment calls us to love the Lord our God and our neighbors as ourselves. Matthew: 28:18-20
• The Church as a fellowship of believers: Membership in the covenant church is by confession of personal faith in Jesus Christ and is open to all believers. We observe baptism and Holy Communion as sacraments commanded by Jesus. 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
• A conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit: We believe it is the Holy Spirit who instills in our hearts a desire to turn to Christ, and who assures us that Christ dwells within us. It is the Holy Spirit who enables our obedience to Christ and conforms us to his image, and it is the Spirit in us that enables us to continue Christ’s mission in the world. John 14:15-26
• Reality of freedom in Christ: This freedom is a gift from God in Christ, and it manifests itself in a right relationship with God and others. We at Faith Covenant Church seek to focus on what unites us as followers in Christ, rather than on what divides us. Romans 6:22-23
What is an Evangelical Covenant Church?
An Evangelical Covenant Church is at its best when…
• It is Christ-centered with a strong emphasis on new birth and growing mature believers.
• It is based on God’s Word where great importance is placed on solid and practical Bible preaching and teaching.
• There is an emphasis on the Spirit-filled life. We believe that the only way to live as believers is to let Christ live through us.
• There is a dual focus on uplifting worship and on growing disciples.
• Christians enjoy a wholesome freedom and flexibility, which allows for certain differences (doctrinally and otherwise) without breaking fellowship. Believers learn to distinguish clearly between the essentials relating to our salvation (which are never to be compromised) and non-essentials (which allow us to embrace believers of many different backgrounds).
• Our pastors and staff equip the congregation for spiritual ministry by acting as coaches according to the model of Ephesians 4.
• Our churches value partnership with other local churches seeing themselves as interdependent rather than independent. We believe that community ministry and outreach should be a shared task – where we seek to build God’s kingdom both locally and globally. We believe we serve Christ better together.